This is my favorite tree. Also, my favorite moon, after Callisto.
Looking west, I can't get those pinks quite right.
Same problem.
One of the reasons we have stayed in our small apartment, despite the impending baby, is our incredible view. I am just not ready to part with it. With our big picture windows, it really is like having a constantly changing landscape as part of our interior design. It changes season to season, day to day, even hour to hour. We watch the weather come in or pass by. When it rains, downtown looks like an abstract of itself.
Anyway, since I love this changing view, sometimes I take too many pictures of it. I often think I should just set up a tripod and take one picture of the view a day. That would involve remembering, so my system thus far is to take pictures when the mood strikes. Sometimes the day is so striking, I can't help but remember.
Our view is the reason I need a better camera. The distance shots just don't translate. I have been coveting a Digital SLR for a long time now, but if you refer to the previous post, you'd know that extra cash flow is not currently one of my problems. So, I will gladly make do with what I have, and every once in a while, I will make my way down Glazer's and stare longingly into their camera case. Sometimes, I might even get a little wild and ask to hold one.
So, I shoot what I can with my (actually Rob's) Canon PowerShot. I need to work on my composition anyway before I can be trusted with a powerful camera. I really enjoy my friend Drew's photography. You can see some of his work by clicking on the Super Chiaro to the right of these words.
Anyway, back to the pictures, above and below are a couple sunset shots. I would have liked to take more time with them, but it was so cold and windy on the roof, I just shivered, shot, and ran back inside.
West.
This is our somewhat mundane roof deck, I just love the way the sun hits it and the shadows.
Downtown.
West through the window.
1 comment:
you guys do have a great view. I think thats important- as I have a view of a laundry room and it sucks.
its cold there already? man it was hot here yesterday. I was out in shorts and a t-shirt in SF.
Post a Comment