My dad and my husband playing Wii.
Their tennis game, poorly photographed.
Sometimes, I would rather just read some fiction than long case studies or economic theory. And more often than that, I find myself wrapped up in some crappy television show (I'm sorry Judge Alex, but I might have to break up with you). It's a very good thing we don't have cable, but I am always amazed at what I find to watch on the few channels we have.
My computer.
It is so shaky, but I just love it. I just wish I could still use it as a portable computer and not a really small desk top.
My apartment's ability to withstand the wind.
Our building is currently shaking. It feels as if all the washers and dryers in the building are on at the same time. More so than our building, I worry about the proximity of trees to our windows. I don't want to be smashed in the face by a tree branch and tiny shards of glass as I sleep. Maybe I'll switch sides with Rob. At least then, I would only be the secondary target of such an attack.
The size of our apartment.
Babies are small, right? How much room do they really need? The couple that lives below us has a 13 month old in the same amount of living space and they are just fine. We should be just fine also. I just have to get over my American desire for more Although, I hear New York apartments are super tiny also.
Money.
I know I'm not the only one with this worry, but I really meant to finish grad school, get a super awesome job, and then have the baby. I expected to have a dual income household, not one job and a drain-on-society grad school student household and have a baby. Oh well, if Sarah "I make no sense when I talk" Palin can have half a dozen kids and still fuck up the state of Alaska and possibly the nation, than I can too!
The Wii.
I was reminded today that we have a video game system. I don't use it much. Well, I used the wii fit for a while and plan to use it again once my balance is restored, but other than that I never really paid much attention to it. Now I realize that it is yet another tool in my arsenal of procrastination! Its not even as even as productive as cleaning. Awesome.
What else? I'm sure there is more. I can't think of them at this exact moment.
In other news, we went to the UW vs Cal volleyball game on Friday. It was actually really fun. Cal won in three games, but all three were super close. I was torn though. Even though I have no association with Cal Berkeley, and by all accounts, I got out of California as soon as it was feasibly possible, I still miss it and tie my identity very strongly to being from California. So part of me wanted to cheer for Cal, but the other part of me, the part that realizes that technically I am a Husky, wanted to cheer for UW. I ended up just eating snacks and cheering for all the good plays regardless of team.
Speaking of snacks, I would like to take this opportunity to give a shout out to Katie Loberstein and say, snacks at college sporting events are way cheaper than professional, AND the cover charge (some call it a ticket) is also way cheaper. So lets hit up some Husky games soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment