Thursday, October 2, 2008

Happy October- A blog about the weather

Well, we made it to October and Rob and I are about 23 weeks pregnant. Over half way.  Future man is kicking and punching like the tiny little ninja I know he is. Some people want soccer players, but as an accomplished, albeit non practicing martial artist, I want a ninja. He's stealthy too, Rob still hasn't felt him. We imagine it will be soon though.

So, on Monday and Tuesday of this week, the last two days of September, were absolutely beautiful. In the mid seventies, beautiful Green Lake walks. Incredible.
Yesterday, we woke up to a thick fog. I love fog. I think it feels...uh...magical. I think I may have even figured out how this whole picture thing works. No, I didn't figure it out, my wonderful friend Angela gave me some great tips, and I think they helped. Anyway, here is the view out our window yesterday morning. Downtown is usually where that big white wall is.


I haven't quite given up on the flip flops yet, but my toes were pretty cold, it might be about time to put on some closed toed shoes. And when that day does finally arrive, I will cry, to mourn the passing of summer, like I do every year.

This morning, we woke up to rain. Rob hasn't been feeling well, and I think the changing of the seasons is stirring up the germs. I hope he gets better, cause I'm not really the motherly type. I might have to work on that. I should be nice to my sick baby...er...I mean husband.

So my procrastination activities this morning have so far included: laundry, dishes, straightening, cleaning counters, cleaning the bathroom, sorting through our piles of mail, watching the view, trying on the maternity clothes I got from Old Navy, and finally now I am blogging with the movie Super Bad on in the background. This movie is making me nervous about having a boy, because someday, we'll have a teenage boy. I mean, I know a girl would have eventually turned into a teenage girl, which is equally if not more terrifying, but these boys get into their fair share of shenanigans as well.

Let's see, what else... My dad is in town, kinda... He is in Tacoma doing some workshop for Apple. So we spent the day together yesterday. We met Rob downtown and ate at a delicious restaurant. It's called Palomino and it is incredible. I enjoyed my crab-stuffed cod immensely. But then again, I like pretty much any animal stuffed inside another animal. Yum. Then we went on a brisk walk around Green Lake, where my dad was astounded/terrified but the sheer number of strollers occupied by babies and pushed by mothers or fathers. I'm telling you, there is something in the water here in Seattle. 

So, I may have run out of procrastination options, which means I will have to start my readings for next week. Of course, maybe I'll take a nap. Pregnant ladies need naps.

1 comment:

ajh said...

The view from your apartment is amazing. I want to be in the PNW. Fuck obligations...and work...and family.