I don't know how many people read this blog, but I imagine those that do are aware that Futureman wasn't what we call a "Planned Pregnancy". This in no way means that he is unwanted. And if we want to redefine the word "planned" we could argue that he is in fact planned. He is just a bit early to the party. As Becca and I walked around Green Lake the other day, we really reframed the situation. Even if Futureman is two weeks late (please don't be), he is still three years early. The goal was to finish grad school and then start a family. We have just switched up the plan a little.
So, I think that my complaining is really just a disguised way of saying that I am anxious and excited and ready to meet Futureman. I am ready for real contractions that do something instead of the Braxton Hicks that just take my breath away momentarily and make me flinch.
What have I been doing with my time? A lot of Facebooking, I read the first two books in the Twilight series,playing wii Sports, watching court tv (there's nothing like seeing a rerun of a court tv program to make you feel like a giant loser!), walking around Green Lake, swimming at the Ballard Pool, Yoga...Currently, I am watching The Biggest Loser, which is apparently my new favorite tv show. There is something mildly satisfying about sitting here immensely pregnant, eating something that is not necessarily the healthiest(chicken strips from Herfy's), watching these people work their asses off. I have been fairly active throughout the pregnancy...swimming, walking, yoga (I stopped using the Wii Fit because it kept yelling at me for gaining weight, but wouldn't listen when I yelled at it that I was pregnant...stupid video game machines, and I have been sitting down while I play the tennis), but I am really looking forward to walking around Green Lake with my (sorry Rob, Our) baby strapped to me. Or using the jogging stroller, or going to Yoga and actually being able to do balance poses! I am currently the furthest along in my Pre-natal yoga class. Its so weird, when I started there were all these women who were further along than me, and now I am that person and there are all these women that are 15-17-21 weeks along, and I am just happy that I am almost done.
Also, I just need to say that I have the best husband ever. He puts up with the mood swings and rubs my feet and my back, and gets me rice crispies when I really want them, and only laughs at me a little when I declare as he is rubbing my back that the only thing that will help right now at this very moment is a bowl of crackling rice cereal. Although I don't think that rice crispy cereal will really make my back pain go away, it certainly tastes good. I love Rob. He is the best.
Now...let's hope this baby comes out sooner rather than later. Come on Futureman!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment