1.20.09 was a big day! We welcomed President Barak Obama. It was inspiring to watch all the inaugural festivities. I can't believe all those people who showed up for that. What an amazing gathering of people. I think my favorite part was when George got into the helicopter and flew off into the noon time sun.
My other favorite part included cupcakes. Trophy cupcakes made a delicious Obama cupcake. Apparently there are ink cartridges that use food coloring as dye and print directly onto sheets of sugar. Mmmm....sheets of sugar...
I am still "working" at the Community Center three mornings a week. Usually we play games, draw, talk, eat a delicious breakfast, among other activities. On Tuesday however, we dragged the TV from the teen room and watched the start of the festivities. Who loves Diane Feinstein? I do. I do. Here is a quick snap of some of the kids watching the news feed, while others don't seem that interested.
Alright, what would one of my blog posts be without pictures from our window or roof...
Sunset on Mt. Ranier

Sunset from the roof. So pretty.

Check out all the people at Golden Gardens. It is certainly crazy what happens when the sun comes out in this town. Aside from the runny red noses, down jackets, scarves, rosy cheeks, and mittens, it almost felt like a nice summer day.

Shades of blue from Golden Gardens. Some might say "a gradient".

Here is a picture of the delicious spread from the Seattle Baby shower. Katie did a wonderful job putting a lovely afternoon tea together. Thanks Katie, you're the greatest. I'll need my cups and plates back soon though. Thank you to everyone who made it to the shower. It was so nice to spend time with all of you. I need to post some pictures from the Danville shower also, but I don't have those pictures.

The adidas store in downtown Seattle is closing and everything was on sale and then 50% off the sale prices so we got these tiny little baby Adidas shoes. We also got a tiny little Adidas tracksuit and are very much looking forward to watching Futureman dance to classic Run DMC.
It is going to be awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment