Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving

Obligatory Green Lake Picture
So much for individuality. One of these three hairy boys is my brother.
My dad in the hotel lobby. He was sick the whole time. What a bummer.

We had a different kind of Thanksgiving this year. Growing up, both sides of our family descended on Danville, and my immediate family became responsible for the happiness and sanity of everyone. As the years have gone by, that task has grown increasingly difficult and after last year's wedding circus, we all just need a good long break from that quality family time. So, this year, my family- mom, dad, Jeremy (plus two of his look-alike friends) came to Seattle where we had a delicious and stress free Thanksgiving from Whole Foods with Rob, Rob's mom Portia, my friend from school Jeyson, me, and of course, little nameless futureman. It was in a nice hotel room, where we enjoyed The Sandlot, one of the best movies ever made, and we played some Trivial Pursuit. We also learned that Jeremy apparently can't read. Well, he either can't read or pretended not to be able to read so that no one could understand the Trivial Pursuit questions. So he's either an idiot or a genius. We couldn't tell which.

I forgot to take more pictures. I should have, but I was lazy and tired and pregnant and blah blah blah. When I voiced my concern to my friend Brent and his girlfriend Benet about using the pregnancy excuse, they reminded me that there is only a finite amount of time to use it, and I might as well. So, thats it, I was too pregnant to take pictures.

I also forgot to take pictures when Brent and Benet were here in Seattle. We only had the chance to go out to dinner with them, but it was fun to spend some time with Benet, and wonderful to see Brent and dinner at Cafe Flora was ridiculously delicious. Yum.

No comments: