Due South, looking out our apartment window towards downtown.
Due East, looking at the Cascades at sunrise
Due West, looking at the Olympics at Dusk
The Olympics again. Hill, not the buildings used for the Olympics, but the Mountain Range.
It has been a beautiful several days in Seattle, and I would like to share these two photographs I snapped from our apartment/rooftop desk. One is an early morning shot and the other is a sunset picture. Keep in mind this is not fine art, and my digital camera leaves much to be desired, namely the intoxicating dark room scents....mmm...developer...
I meant for the pictures to be below the post, but apparently I don't know how to do that.
So anyway, in addition to all the reading and napping I did today, Katie, Becca, and I went to Queen Mary's Tea Room here in Seattle for a lovely afternoon tea. I meant to take pictures of the overly frilly room (think Umbridge's office from Harry Potter) and the over the top display of delicious snacks, but we were all so hungry, I forgot. Anyway it was a delicious treat, as always. I love snacks, particularly when presented in bite size portions on fancy stacked platters.
Speaking of bite size portions, after tea, Becca and I stopped at Bartell's for the randoms one goes to a drug store for, and I was amazed and appalled at the Halloween Candy Display.
So, I have a picture I want right here < >. Why will the stupid program not let me put it where I want it. How am I supposed to rant about the evils of HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP without my visual aid!! If I knew about this "html" nonsense, I could probably do it, but if I knew HTML, I wouldn't need a program like blogspot, would I? Ugh. Maybe I should have gone with wordpress.
I suppose my inability to post my pictures where I wanted to saved me (and the few who may read this) a tirade on Corn Syrup, but rest assured that I hate it, both for health reasons and the agro-economic impact it has had on this country.
And in Baby news, we went to a "Gently Used" Baby Sale, where we picked up baby stuff, but alas no babies. I personally think the title of the sale was a bit misleading. Anyway, we got a jogging stroller for 35 bucks (score), an infant car seat with base, a boppy (which is apparently a neccesity) and a sleeping bag type thing to keep kids warm in strollers. I also got tiny little baby hangers, after I learned baby clothes don't really fit on adult size hangers. Anyway, again, I took a picture of the cuteness but since I can't figure out how to post it where I want, I just won't. Boo.
I should probably get to that case I need to have read by 9:30. Or maybe I can just read it on the bus tomorrow morning...
4 comments:
Jessie, I love reading your bolg/rants/thoughts.
what on earth is a boppy??? good thing you're having the baby, and not me!
hi jess --
Wordpress is much more confusing with picture adding.
It's really simple in blogspot, if you haven't figured it out, here's my attempt at explaining it:
1. upload the picture.
2. frown at the fact that it's not where you want it.
3. click + hold the picture, then drag it until the cursor bar is blinking where you want the picture to appear
4. unclick
5. smile because the picture is now where you want it to be (I hope)
dont go whiffing developer or fixer while you are pregnant. mmm fixer...
Post a Comment