Wow. Two months. It really seems like every day is a victory. A victory over what? That I don't really know. But every day we manage to keep a baby alive or not fight with one another or actually fold that pile of laundry feels like a day of accomplishment. Never mind that the sink is overflowing with dirty dishes, we'll get to that later.
Reed is starting to tease us with long stretches of sleep. Twice in the past week, he has slept from about 7:45 pm to 5 the next morning. If only we could get ourselves to bed before the sun sets we would be in a good place. Speaking of a good place, I have had just a bit of an issue with that dreaded pregnancy problem of the post-partum depression. There were definitely some signs that I was heading towards a bad place mentally, so we took some preemptive action before I could spiral too far into this place. I have started seeing a counselor and that along with a small dose of medication seems to really be helping. Who knows what causes ppd? Or why it strikes some people and not others. I think in my case it had a lot to do with the less than perfect labor coupled with some outside stresses that just happened to coincide with some crazy ass hormone fluctuations. Whatever the cause, the other day when Reed peed in my mouth, spit up in my hair, and then pooped on my hand, all I could think was "Thank goodness for the Zoloft."
"I'll pee in your mouth if you're not careful!"
The turtles are back out at Green Lake.
And since it has been awhile...here is a picture of downtown on a lovely spring day.
2 comments:
Zoloft rules. When Evie and I took it at the same time we called it "yippee hooray!!" I'm very glad that you're taking care of yourself...ppd can be super hard from what I hear! And tell Reed to stop peeing in your mouth. That's gross.
We should so hang out... Maybe with our counselors, sort of like a double date. :)
Post a Comment