Reed is six weeks old today. Over the course of the past week, Reed has learned to flip himself over from his tummy to his back. According to babycenter.com's development chart, this is something that is generally mastered around the three month mark. Clearly, Reed is very advanced. He can also hold his head at a 45 degree angle. Apparently that is also a developmental milestone. Who knew we would get so excited over seemingly simple things.
Second, Reed has finally kind of started to like sitting in his swing for small amounts of time. I really hoped that Reed would take to his swing and we could go about our business. That has not been the case. Up till about two days ago, the swing only encouraged very loud screaming. Very loud. But, the other day he stayed in it long enough for me to make, and get this, EAT my spinach salad. It was indeed a luxury.
Third, we went to a PEPS meeting. It stands for Parenting something something Support, or something like that. It wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. Only three of six couples brought their babies. At six weeks, Reed was the oldest baby there. And with the other two little girls each weighing in at under seven pounds, he looked like a behemoth! According to my super accurate Wii Fit scale, he weighs about 11 pounds. He was 8.12 when he was born, so he is really packing it on.
And finally, School starts again next Tuesday. Eeek. There is something I am unprepared for. I already have homework for the class I am taking. Also, I learned that one class is actually twice as expensive as I thought. Apparently, I was looking at the undergrad tuition scale in preparation for the class. Maybe if one can't read a chart accurately that person is not really ready for graduate school. Ooops.
So, I should probably stop writing this, turn off Days of our Lives, and maybe stop messing around on the internet long enough to read the assigned articles. Oh the non-stop excitement of a stay-at-home graduate student/mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment