Thursday, February 26, 2009

So Tired


Parenting is hard. 
Recovering from surgery and dealing with raging hormones and feeding a demanding baby who refuses to use his words is hard.
But he is just so beautiful, and I am told it will get easier. Although I was told a lot of things that ended up not being true...i.e. sex induces labor (ha), among others. However, I am clinging to the belief that this will get easier.
I am dreading Monday, when Rob has to go back to work, although luckily my wonderful mother is coming back to Seattle to help. I can't even begin to express how wonderful it was having her here the first week at home with Reed. And I am looking forward to my dad coming back in two weeks, although he had better be over his cough...
And Rob, wow. What an incredible father. He has such a calming effect on this child, and to an extent on me as well. Although I am already worried that Reed is more rational than I am.
Anyway...Parenting is hard. I am sure most of you already know that from experience. I knew it in theory two weeks ago, but wow, it is more true than anything else.

I can't even imagine doing this with eight infants. That Nadya is cuh-razy.