So, I don't know if this counts as that maternal "nesting" instinct that "they" keep talking about. My nesting doesn't seem to be manifesting itself as cleaning, but as actual literal nest building. Due to my extreme discomfort that comes as a result of being over 41 weeks pregnant, I decided to try sleeping on our air mattress in the living room. So basically, I have constructed a nest out of couch cushions, air mattress, various blankets, and a collection of used tissues that I would have thrown away if standing up wasn't so difficult. Anyway, this picture was taken from my nest at sunset. I think it's pretty.
Rob took this picture on our Green Lake walk on Saturday. I am proud to report that so far, I have not developed that pregnant lady waddle. I am still pretty upright, in fact, I was just doing this head stand across from the coffee cart at Green Lake.
Oh wait, that's not me, that is just some guy doing some yoga.As much as I love actually walking around Green Lake, the last three times (all this week) as soon as I get home, I get so sore! I am told that walking is good for me, and that it will induce labor, but it is my own personal opinion now that I am overly pregnant, is that it is crap. I have tried all these old wives's tales, and Futureman seems quite content just where he is.
Just be warned Pal, eviction papers are coming. Sunday is your deadline. I don't care where you go, but you can't stay here! Is that the phrase?
On another note, I am sitting here watching the presidential news conference about the economy. I certainly don't envy our President's situation. He inherited a shitty situation and is now being attacked as if he is the one that caused it. We all need to get along and make some concessions to one another in order to get this up and running. However, I would just like to say that he is so much more confidence inspiring than that last guy who stood behind that podium. What was his name again? Jackass? Anyway, policy aside, I just really think that Obama is so presidential. I like watching him interact with the press. Even when he uses the space fillers "uh" or "um", one can see that he is searching for appropriate phrasing, rather than a word that might (but often didn't) work like that last guy. All I can say is Thank Goodness and best of luck President Obama.
No comments:
Post a Comment