Friday, November 14, 2008

Waiting for some Blood Work

So, I am just sitting here, watching the Cosby Show. I just drank some pretty gross liquid and have to go have my blood drawn to see if I test positive for gestational diabetes. I really hope I don't have it. I am worried that my blood sugars might be off because I had delicious honey-lavender ice cream with lemon curd last night. Yum. Oh my god. It was amazing. It was from this place called Molly Moon's in Wallingford and it is the best ice cream ever. I am trying to limit my sweets because I have heard that in the third trimester, the baby is just getting bigger so I am trying to just feed him healthy stuff. But, during the baby class last night, the teacher kept talking about a soft cervix, which I think is pretty gross,and all I could hear was soft serve, which is ice cream, which is delicious. And I had to have some.

This is my second attempt at the Glucose screening test. The last time, I drank the orange liquid as prescribed and then within maybe fine minutes, I had thrown it all up. It was an amazing color, and I only wish I had taken a picture of it. It reminded me of when I was a kid and would throw up after taking Pepto Bismol. That stuff is DISGUSTING. But the puke after would be that same pink chalky shade...pretty. And then my mom or dad would have to clean up. Man. Being a parent sounds gross. Wait...is it too late to rethink this plan? Ha! What plan? There was no plan. Anyway, if I learned anything from those days, it is to not feed kids pepto bismol. Unless they are being bad. Just kidding. But the Glucose test barf was similar in that it was the exact same shade as the sweet drink. Imagine Orange Crush or mandarin Jarritos spewing from my mouth. It was awesome.

One of my favorite parts of being pregnant might be that even though throwing up is never fun, it has at least happened with a lot of laughter. In fact, if you have previously read this post, you'll note that Rob made me throw up just by making me laugh.

So, I have to leave in about 20 minutes for the lab. I could just go on talking about barf. But maybe I won't. That would be silly. Thats enough barf for now.