Add that to the demands of grad school professors, who want all kinds of papers on all kinds of things a person may or may not actually care about. And the reading that isn't for pleasure but is required and tediously avoided at all costs.
Well...I want to know who I am again. I want to read literature and take pictures (of a subject other than my child...although I am still going to take a shitload of those, cause he is hella cute afterall). What else do I want to do? Who do I want to be. I feel like I am at a place in my life right now, where I might be able to develop other interests. I don't mean to say that my energy will still not be directed toward Reed. He is a toddler after all, and very demanding. But I want more. I want to be a mom with other interests. A mom with a life. I certainly hope that is possible.
I just started a garden...thanks Julia. And although I think the cold snap killed my cucumbers, the rest of my plants are growing. My broccoli looks amazing! My basil is already delicious, and as luck would have it, my poisonous strawberry plant is thriving!
I also started and internship at the Vera Project. I am super excited about this. It is very similar to the organization I was part of in high school, Involving Youth, but it is much bigger. Music and art for all ages. I just started the other day. I hope it goes well.
And school is over for the quarter in three weeks. I think I'll start reading again then.
The internship is only three days a week, which means I will have lots of time for Reed and lots of time for work, and maybe even some time for myself. Excellent.
1 comment:
Happy Belated Mother's day Jessie! You are an amazing mama and Reed is a lucky little boy, (who is apparently already starting to choose his path in life). You and an inspiration to us all! Glad to hear your garden is doing well. Don't worry about the cucumbers, you can also plant them again from seed when it warms up a bit and they grow pretty fast. Seed packets will indicate a number of days- pick the one with the fewest number of days listed and plant away.
xoxo!
Post a Comment