Friday, February 19, 2010

Playing Catch Up

Wow. It is already mid February. I haven't blogged since last year. A lot has changed in the past month and a half. We moved. I started an incredibly difficult quarter at school. I have a one year old child. I have a one year old child. How is that possible? It seems like we just brought this tiny little creature home from the hospital and now he is a roaming climbing little person. Insanity.

Since it's been so long since I blogged, let's fill in a couple things.

The move:
Moving is a total pain in the ass. We made the wise relationship-saving decision to hire movers. Yes, it was very bourgeoisie, but we had about two days between our move in date and the first day of the quarter, and there was a total of five flights of stairs between the new place and the old place, there was a rambunctious near toddler to contend with, and it just made the most sense for us at the time. I love SuperFriends movers. They are amazing.

The new place. It is definitely bigger, which is great. Our view isn't quite as amazing as the last place, but as you'll see, it's nothing to turn your nose up at either. We have a brand new oven, which we got cause the last one belched acrid smoke into the kitchen the first night we tried to cook. We're getting a new washer/dryer in the next week as the current one is old old old. We might as well have a washboard or a rock. The walls are definitely thinner, which is not so great. We hear the neighbors and the neighbors hear us. I think we are the winners in this situation. I would much rather hear someone else's sex than someone else's screaming baby. Especially at three in the morning. So it goes...

The school:
Remember last February, when I had a baby. Yeah, I had to take a quarter of school off. That means I missed out on some of the core classes with my cohort, which means I have to take two core classes with the next cohort. Super Lame. They're nice enough, but core classes present the challenge of being so so boring and full of group work. Quantitative Reasoning makes me want to die. It will all be over in three weeks. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I pass these boring core classes.

The Boy:
Reed Elliot Chambliss turned One a couple days ago. Wow. We all made it this far. Incredible. Balloons, sugar free cake, a vibrating Elmo doll, and lots of grandparents made for a fantastic day.

Boring Boring Catch Up.
I need to blog more. If only to write about somethings that aren't policy related. And to chronicle Reed's life. These days go by too quickly. We must remember to fill our lives with love, happiness, and positivity.
Early Morning Out on the Balcony

Early Morning Downtown

No comments: